The Mind Shift conference will bring together diverse role players from the mining and manufacturing industries, academia, government and the skills sector to build a shared understanding of challenges and strategies for succeeding together. The one and a half day conference will include the Manufacturing Excellence and Innovation for Mining Awards, a limited, focussed exhibition, a Cocktail Dinner and Networking Lunch. Thank you Syspro for the sponsorship of the Manufacturing Excellence Award.
Topics, confirmed speakers and panelists thus far include:
- Sparking and Kindling Innovation - Prof. Barry Dwolatzky, Director of Innovation Strategy at University of the Witwatersrand
- Success Stories - Collaboration as a catalyst for innovation - Alex Fenn (Pr.Eng.), Head of Technology and Innovation at Sibanye Stillwater.
- Mind Shift an Introduction - Beeuwen Gerryts, Chief Director for Technology Localisation, Beneficiation and Advanced Manufacturing of Department of Science and Innovation
- Success Stories - Collaboration as a catalyst for innovation - Mahsan Mahboob, Head of Sibanye-Stillwater DigiMine at Wits University.
- 4IR, Employment and Work – Report on a Seminar with Union Leadership - Tebogo Mdhluli, Principal: People Stream (Business Transformation, Organisational Culture, Future of Work, Org Effectiveness) at NextGenOpX
- Assembling Capacity - Application of assembly systems in South Africa - Tapiwa Samanga, Group CEO of Production Technologies Association of South Africa (PtSA)
- Keynote address: The Mining Innovation Ecosystem - Sietse Van Der Woude, Senior Executive : Modernisation and Safety at Minerals Council South Africa
- 4IR in the SA Mining Industry – Key insights for the manufacturing industry - Jean-Jacques Verhaeghe, Programme Manager: Minerals Council South Africa | Mandela Mining Precinct
There are various sponsorship opportunities still available and we would like to thank Old Mutual for kindly sponsoring their state-of-the art conference venue, 1 Mutual Place, Sandton.